Media Center and TV cards.

Pine Man 11:21 22 Aug 07

Just for information.

I have recently installed an Hauppage WinTV Nova USB TV stick, which is attached to an external aerial.

The performance was pretty mediocre and it didn't pick up many channels. However I found that I could configure Windows Media Center to display my TV and the difference was staggering! Instead of picking up about 30 channels with the Hauppage software I picked up 70 with Media Center and the EPG works very well indeed.

Worth considering if you have a TV card or stick.

Esc4p3 12:16 22 Aug 07

Thanks for that feedback Pine Man.

I have recently bought the same product, and although I have managed to get 67 channels, it was a trial and error process - the signal gets stronger if I hold the USB stick??! And I only have an internal ariel.

I haven't got around to setting up media centre with it, will give it a go soon. there was an FAQ on how to set up mc on the Hauppage site, as well as Vista drivers

Esc4p3 08:28 24 Aug 07

Voila!! I had a go last night, and set the tuner up via Media Centre, and I now have 6 more channels than I had before, 67 vs 73. Bizarre, but 'top tip' from Pine Man..... (still couldn't get bbci channel 302 though, wanted to record the Foo Fighters)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…