Managing Pictures in Vista

sheila.weston 15:33 PM 09 Jun 09

I am trying to sort out my picture folders and appear to have duplicate folders for my image files. If I select the windows start button and select 'Pictures', I go to sheila/pictures. But if I go to E:\Pictures I get a different set, some of which are duplicates from the sheila/pictures folder.

The HD is partitioned by Toshiba. I would prefer all my images to be on the E:\ drive, with my other data. Is it OK to just move the pictures over and delete the sheila/pictures ones? How do I get the start>pictures option to go to the e:\ drive instead of the sheila folder?

Many thanks for any help.

Zeppelyn 16:13 PM 09 Jun 09

From the start menu right click on Pictures then select Properties. From there go to the location tab and select Move, point to your E:\Pictures folder. That is preferable to deleting Sheila/Pictures as you would lose the link.

sheila.weston 22:17 PM 09 Jun 09

Many thanks, Zeppelyn. Easy when you know how!

One point, though - when I click on pictures in the start menu, the picture folder opens, but at the top of the screen it has sheila>e:>pictures, presumably because I have logged in as Sheila. However I can also get to the folder by going to windows explorer (windows key + E). This, presumably, *is* the same folder, although you can see them both in the Windows Explorer left hand panel? I wish I could get rid of the 'Sheila', but gather that I can't in Vista?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to choose a photographer

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone