MAKING OVAL CIRCLES ROUND AGAIN

TarikDarwish 01:41 16 Jun 14

I HAVE AN ASUS NETBOOK COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 7 STARTER.I TOUCHED SOMETHING BY ACCIDENT AND ALL CIRCLES ARE NOW OVAL.HOW DO I MAKE THEM ROUND AGAIN. I USED TO KOW HOW ON MY OLD XP COMPUTER BUT I HAVE FORGOTTEN HOW. CAN ANYBODY HELP. THANK YOU

mole1944 06:00 16 Jun 14

Sorry were not deaf "DON'T USE CAPITALS" it's very very rude and the equivalent of shouting,right rollicking over try adjusting the display settings right click anywhere on the screen click personalization then display settings.

bumpkin 08:48 16 Jun 14

0P

bumpkin 09:33 16 Jun 14

0P = oval circle

Secret-Squirrel 09:43 16 Jun 14

Tarik, the distortion you're seeing is probably because your display resolution is wrong. Go to Control Panel -> Display -> Adjust Resolution (top of the left-hand pane). Click on the "Resolution" button and drag the slider all the way up to the top. Click "Apply" when done.

AdelaPisarevsky 03:38 23 Jun 14

Hello Secret-Squirrel and pardon my intrusion, but I have the same problem and your answer here was very helpful to me; however, it seems my resolution is very low (1024-768)and so it didn't work when I took it to the top of the scale and even just lines above... Is there anything I can do to fix this thing that everything is oval or flat, not true to normal? Will I have to increase (somehow, I don't know) the resolution I have? It didn't do this before the last 3 years I have the computer....

Thanks ever so much for any ideas. Adela :o)

P.S. I think even my message here seems flat, like oval letters....

Secret-Squirrel 09:12 23 Jun 14

Hi Adela

With flat-screen displays the correct resolution is always the maximum one (ie: in Windows 7, the one at the top of the list). However, that only applies if the correct monitor driver is loaded so I think yours must be the wrong one.

For me to assist you'll need to post the answers to the following questions:

1) Have you got a laptop or a desktop PC? If it's the former then post its make and model number. If it's the latter then let me know the make and model of the monitor you're using.

2) Confirm your version of Windows.

Forum Editor 18:14 23 Jun 14

This is almost certainly a display setting issue, as has already been mentioned.

AdelaPisarevsky 19:20 23 Jun 14

Something strange happened, I had set the resolution just one level up: 1152-864, and now I came back to the computer and everything suddenly is normal. I went to the resolution window again and saw that it now shows: 1366-768. Did it regulate itself? So this problem is now resolved, but I’ll give you my computer info anyway:

Dell Inspiron 560 desktop; MS Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit; Windows Live Mail 2012; MS Word Pro 2003; Mozilla Firefox 22.0

MONITOR Under General: Make of the monitor is Dell Inc. Model: IN1920 (hope this isn’t the year?) lol! 1366-768 Pixel Resolution 18.5 LCD Display VGA Connectivity

Under Hardware: Generic PnP Model

I gave you too much info I know.

Thanks so much for helping me. Thanks to you I now know how to regulate my resolution. It’s so nice to see, for instance, the Start Button nice and round and even my pictures with normal faces and bodies... lol!

Secret-Squirrel 19:50 23 Jun 14

Thanks for all the info Adela.

1366 X 768 is indeed the correct resolution for a Dell IN1920 monitor so it's good to see that your problem's resolved.

If it plays up again in the future then here's the driver for your monitor. There's little point in installing it now although you may want to download it and keep it somewhere in case.

AdelaPisarevsky 05:38 24 Jun 14

Hi Secret-Squirrel, it seems I spoke too soon. This morning on opening the computer, again the oval display! I went back to see what happened and the scale showed to be back at 1152. I pulled it up again to 1366 and it came back to normal.

Is this something I should have to do each time? Perhaps installing the driver you so kindly sent me will solve the problem a little more permanently?

Again thanks so much! :o) Adela

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced