lost wifi connection after waking from sleep or hibernate

stileguru 08 Sep 12

Machine: Dell XPS17 laptop (702x) Windows 7 home premium Wifi adaptor: Intel Wifi Link 1000 BGN Router: Belkin F5D7634-4 802.11G Reconnection takes 3 or more minutes to establish after sleep. Tried all the on-line advice e.g setting power scheme to max power; unticking box in adaptor settings 'Allow computer to turn off this device'. Tried to update drivers for wifi adaptor but the update process says I have the latest drivers. However Dell's driver site analysed my laptop and says there is a later driver for download. Tried installing this but was stopped by message saying it wasn't authenticated/certified so terminated. Anyone had this problem, and how did they solve it?

wiz-king 09 Sep 12

Not unusual - sleep function has always been a pain in Windows. I gave up on it a couple of versions ago and judging by forum threads it is still a problem.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Behind the scenes at Silverstone, the 70th British Grand Prix: Hisense starts UK push with Red…

How Found created this skateboard, bike and parkour stunts-laden, single-take car ad

Apple Pay UK launch date, UK user guide and participating UK banks | Apple Pay to launch in UK on 1?…

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message