Lost media centre

colinb1604 21:28 PM 02 Apr 09

A while ago I uninstalled vista media centre as Ithought wrongly it was causing me grief. Can anyone tell me how or if I can get it back. cheers

brundle 23:33 PM 02 Apr 09

How did you "uninstall it"? No such option appears in my Add/Remove Programs or Turn On/Off Windows Features lists (Vista Ultimate)....

colinb1604 12:22 PM 03 Apr 09

Thank you brundle, I really cant recall. I remember thinking I had problems with it, and it certainly isnt there now. I wonder if I stopped it from installing when I did a reload from my OEM disc, although I dont recall having that option either.someone else is doubting the ability to uninstall also, so I dont know how I got rid of it. All the windows website says if you dont have it is to upgrade to vista premium, which of course I already have. I guess I will stay with media player.

colinb1604 12:40 PM 03 Apr 09

I have now got it back it seems that access to the program had been changed in default programs, and putting a dot in allow access to windows media centre has put it back in the list of programs, and I now have it back in use. Thank you

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites