Lost media centre

colinb1604 21:28 PM 02 Apr 09

A while ago I uninstalled vista media centre as Ithought wrongly it was causing me grief. Can anyone tell me how or if I can get it back. cheers

brundle 23:33 PM 02 Apr 09

How did you "uninstall it"? No such option appears in my Add/Remove Programs or Turn On/Off Windows Features lists (Vista Ultimate)....

colinb1604 12:22 PM 03 Apr 09

Thank you brundle, I really cant recall. I remember thinking I had problems with it, and it certainly isnt there now. I wonder if I stopped it from installing when I did a reload from my OEM disc, although I dont recall having that option either.someone else is doubting the ability to uninstall also, so I dont know how I got rid of it. All the windows website says if you dont have it is to upgrade to vista premium, which of course I already have. I guess I will stay with media player.

colinb1604 12:40 PM 03 Apr 09

I have now got it back it seems that access to the program had been changed in default programs, and putting a dot in allow access to windows media centre has put it back in the list of programs, and I now have it back in use. Thank you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

ZAK releases more videos showing what happens if you ask other professions to work for free

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know