Lost broadband connection

Mollo 10:03 14 Jun 08

A friend of mine has recently updated to Vista SP2 and in doing so has lost her broadband connection.
Any answers?

anskyber 10:06 14 Jun 08

There is no Vista SP2 but there is a SP1.

Has your friend tried to re establish the connection from scratch? SP1 can be uninstalled but waking the system work will be best.

Ashrich 22:53 17 Jun 08

How does your friend connect to the internet ?

Ashley

Mollo 08:46 18 Jun 08

Sorry for the slow response to your replies just haven't seen my friend through one thing and another. I'll follow up your suggestions and get back ASAP.

Ebonytiger 11:08 19 Jun 08

Rather than start another thread thought I'd tag on here as my problem is the same. I have just installed Vista SP1 and now cannot get on the internet - I just have 'limited connectivity'. Have gone through the suggested steps to repair but nothing.

Ashrich 00:22 20 Jun 08

A few things to try , just to keep you busy for a while !!

First of all try temporarily disabling your firewall to see if it then allows you to connect , if that doesn't work you can try these two things instead .

Open a command prompt with admin rights ( start/all programs/accessories/command prompt , right click " run as administrator )

Type in a the prompt ...netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt , press enter

At the next prompt type in ...netsh winsock reset catalog , press enter again .

Type exit and press enter to leave the prompt , reboot the system and try connection again .

Ashley

Ebonytiger 20:54 20 Jun 08

I have managed to retrieve my broadband but the method makes no sense! I tried many suggestions found on the various forums etc but no joy. In desperation I though I'd restore to before the SP1 update, this took some time and eventually came up with the message that due to an unspecified error system restore was unable to make any changes. However I noticed the network icon was back to normal and so was the internet etc! Co-incidence or what?! It might be worth a try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5