Log on/Password Problem Help Please

The Teacher 20:26 05 Oct 13

Good evening all,

My Dad has a laptop that runs Win 7. In order to allow Grandchildren on it there are two accounts set up, his own which requires a password and one for the kids which doesn't.

The problem is that for some reason the laptop will not accept his password when he logs on. I know the password works because I have been in through the kids access and then gone into user accounts and administrator stuff with that same password which the machine has accepted. When the password is put in on the log in screen it says "this user profile couldn't be loaded" OR "incorrect user name or password".

My Brother has been given a friends laptop to try to fix with the same problem at log on. However this laptop doesn't have other accounts on it to access the machine to see if the password does work like described above.

Any help in solving this would be appreciated.

Regards

The Teacher

rdave13 16:56 06 Oct 13

You should be able to reset passwords by enabling the hidden Admin account, click here and hopefully it will work if the normal admin account is not corrupted.

The Teacher 09:47 08 Oct 13

Thanks guys but neither of those things work, it still won't let him log on by clicking his own icon at the start screen, but it will accept his password when anything is done as an administrator, e.g access administrator stuff through the kids icon like mentioned above.

What we cannot understand is why it won't let him log on from the start screen but it will still accept the password when into the machine through other means!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5