Jude13 06 Dec 11
Answered

All of a sudden I am being prompted to enter login details when I try to open windows mail - and I can't remember them! Spoon feed me through this one please! Thanks.

difarn 06 Dec 11
Answer

You mean you are being asked for your e-mail address and password. You said "all of a sudden" - previously did you not have to sign in at all - are you aware of having made any changes?

Has your security software updated recently - sometimes there is a conflict with hotmail.

If you cannot remember your password then the only route in is to go into the "help" under the log in panel and follow the instructions there -it will mean creating a new password.

I see that there have been a few instances of late with the same issue on Vista machines.

Jude13 07 Dec 11

Thanks, never had to log in before - not added any new security software, will follow your suggestions.........

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message