lite -on dvd

biker24 14:28 20 Jun 08

just bought some philps cd-rw disks for my computer, But they don't seem compatible with my lite-on LH 20a1p, tried to copy a file and it said disk needs formatting,
After half an hour , windows said it was unable to complete, And now the disk is unrecognised, any help would be appreciated, I am running vista home premium.

skidzy 16:48 20 Jun 08

I take it you are using Vista's own burning suite ?

You do have further options,try Imgburn to burn your discs click here or deepburner click here

If one or both work for you,we know its a windows problem.

Of course it could be the media,as RW's can be very finicky at times.

My advice to you would be trial and error and stick to a brand that works best for you.

I personally prefer Datawrite or Verbatim discs,and very rarely use RW's as these have proved to me in the past to be unreliable.

sunny staines 18:28 20 Jun 08

my liteon will not work in vista.

biker24 16:14 21 Jun 08

I managed to exchange the Philips disks for verbatim DVD rw`s, And they seem to work OK, must have been a faulty batch ?, Although I did read in the downloaded lite-on manual, That the Vista driver cant handle some DVD`s and CD`s, Unfortunately the software disk was missing from the lite-on box, So I am using the vista driver, many thanks for your advice on the verbatim disk`s.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…