Libraries in Win 7

shawfield 22:54 PM 01 Dec 09

I have been pleasantly surprise with the speed of Win 7 for networking.
However I have been nonplussed by the Library feature. The concept sounds ok, but when I try to add a folder on a network drive to a library it does crazy things.

I added my 'public' network folder ( its a NAS drive ) because this is where all my pictures are stored.

I was told "Cant be added to library as its not an indexed location". So I try to add it to indexed locations & there is no option to index anything but physical drives on the PC.

So then I go to 'computer', navigate to the network drive which is 'public' on my NAS drive & right clicking allows me to add thsi to he pictures library. Great.

Now I search for one of my pictures. Out of the 100's of folders on that public drive, it brings up filename matches in, guess what ? A music folder in 'public'. So all I see in my search results forthe library, is album art. No pictues at all.

Why would Win 7 choose to search through the Music folder as opposed to the 100's of other folders containing pictures ?

I love Microsoft :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

The 84 best Mac games: Brilliant RPGs, shooting games, adventure games and puzzlers for Mac OS X