Latest Windows updates causing problems...

Florio 19:23 15 May 15

I have Windows 7 Home Premium, and so have also had to put up with all the latest updates. The problem is that after installing them, something happens to my screen resolution (all icons and text are enormous). I have already done two system restores to fix this, but after each one the updates are once again installed and so the situation reoccurs.

I should also add (since the two things are surely connected) that for a while now I've been getting messages regarding my video card drivers. I have checked with AMD, and my drivers are up to date. Yet yesterday and the day before I also got a Blue Screen of Death.

I've installed WhoCrashed, but this won't work since dumps are not enabled(or something similar!!).

I see that my laptop is ready to install the updates again...

rdave13 21:08 15 May 15

Then see what Windows Updates wants to update. Right click the AMD drivers offered and select 'hide this update'. You should no longer be offered the GPU driver and the rest should install correctly.

Florio 21:16 15 May 15

Looking at the individual updates, there's nothing there regarding drivers -- mainly all security updates.

Florio 21:19 15 May 15

I've always allowed all updates in the past, and would continue to do so if I knew how to solve the screen resolution problem. Maybe there's a simple fix...

daxian 13:01 17 May 15

hi all ... install updates one at a time ...when the problem re -occurs remove the last update and hide it .... or you could just change the resolution after it has installed the updates !!!!

rdave13 17:12 17 May 15

I suggest you follow govanx 's post. Then go to device manager, expand Display adapters, right click your GPU and select properties. In the box that opens select the driver tab. Select the Roll Back Driver. Reboot.

Now check Windows Update set as "check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them" and see what's offered.

madanforever4u 13:14 20 May 15

all windows updates are necessory or not. if you update some of them and dont other is this causes problems or wha?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…