Latest Windows updates causing problems...

Florio 19:23 15 May 15

I have Windows 7 Home Premium, and so have also had to put up with all the latest updates. The problem is that after installing them, something happens to my screen resolution (all icons and text are enormous). I have already done two system restores to fix this, but after each one the updates are once again installed and so the situation reoccurs.

I should also add (since the two things are surely connected) that for a while now I've been getting messages regarding my video card drivers. I have checked with AMD, and my drivers are up to date. Yet yesterday and the day before I also got a Blue Screen of Death.

I've installed WhoCrashed, but this won't work since dumps are not enabled(or something similar!!).

I see that my laptop is ready to install the updates again...

northumbria61 10:48 24 May 15

"I have already done two system restores to fix this, but after each one the updates are once again installed and so the situation reoccurs."

Change the way your updates are installed - Windows Updates - under Important Updates change to Download Updates but let me choose whether to install them That way you have more control over them. (ie: I want what I want on my computer NOT what Microsoft thinks I should have)

If as you say System Restore fixes the problem then it is obvious that one or more of your updates is overwriting. Depending on how many updates there are, install one or two at a time - then restart each time and you should find the culprit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5