laptop setup

muralimadurai 04:20 AM 07 Feb 12

Dear sir I bought a samsung NP3005VAI series few days ago.they gave me a system recovery CD also.when boot up it displays two option keys F2 for setup and F4 for recovery.there is a facility of system restore in the samsung control center . the youcam cyber link webcam suddenly inverted my image.to bring it upright i searched for a manual. when I downloaded the manual(pdf) all icons turned to resemble a adobe reader icon. any could tell me why it happened. iwas able to restore to the good point. is it good to keep the same free Norton antivirus which came with windows 7 package. when to use the recovery CD. Murali

difarn 08:07 AM 07 Feb 12

See later posting

muralimadurai 11:29 AM 11 Feb 12

Difarn could you anwswer this. do I need an internet connection to share a file from another windows 7 computer by Home group. If I forgot my passowrd for home group could I make a new one. Home group work works through blootooth kindly explani

difarn 12:39 PM 11 Feb 12

To set up a windows 7 homegroup you have to first set up a network (either ethernet or wireless connection). This article gives you excellent step by step instructions on how to do this - just click on the various steps in the article.

You can change the password - see this article

Bluetooth is an alternative to setting up a homegroup and you do not have to be connected to the internet to do this. You can share files between PC's, phones etc. if they are bluetooth enabled and if the sharing has been enabled.

This article gives you step by step instructions on how to set this up.

Hope this helps you.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED