Laptop not working, no bootable device. insert boot disk.

CarlJackson 20:42 01 May 14

I have a problem.. My HP Pavilion Dv6-1216sa is saying boot device not found. insert disk. well.. Basically what happened was i had Vista installed as Factory(2009) so i decided to update the Operating System to Windows 7 which was fine but i then decided i didn't like it so wanted to go back to Vista. I tried to do a System Recovery and this problem happened. I have tried everything on Google i.e checked the hard drive, BIOS Default and hard disk test and everything seems fine but it wont let me on. When i use System Restore using only the Start-up menu my Laptop plays dead until i click the on button again. Again after all of this i started my Laptop and clicked F11 for System Recovery and it just goes back to no bootable device. Any help??

chub_tor 16:30 02 May 14

Have you tried to do a Factory Reset using this procedure from HP? Your task would be much easier if you created the System Recovery discs when you first purchased the machine. Do you have them?

onthelimit1 09:26 03 May 14

Apart from anything else, I find it strange that you prefer Vista to W7. After all, W7 is what Vista should have been, but MS rolled it out before all the bugs had been sorted.

mole1944 06:25 05 May 14

If you need recovery discs because you failed to make them or don't have them ring Toshiba on 01923841600 and you can get replacements from memory they cost £30-35 and get sent from either Belgium/Germany did it for a lady friend as she didn't make recovery discs. When you get it up and running make recovery discs you can use either disc or like me use a Memory stick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017