Laptop no longer connecting to wifi. Please help!!

mcgrand 00:34 27 Nov 14

I tried to connect my Acer laptop to the wifi but it will not work. When i troubleshoot the issue this is what I am told:

1) The Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problems

2) The Atheros AR8151 PCI-e Gigabit Ethernet Controller adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problems.

Could somebody please explain to me what this means? And is there any possible way to fix the wifi on the laptop?? Or is this a permanent issue that needs to be fixed in a laptop repair shop?? Im really at my wits end here so any help would be greatly appreciated.

john bunyan 11:46 27 Nov 14

You do not state you OS. On windows 7 I would try :Start. Type in "Device Manager" - enter. Have a look at if there are yellow warnings and right click to update drivers.

mcgrand 23:52 15 Dec 14

Hi guys, thanks for your replies but I have still not managed to solve my problem. When I go into Device Manager and right click on the yellow warnings it gives me the option to 'Update Driver Software', however when I click the option to 'search automatically for updated driver software' it tells me that it is either up to date, or 'windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device'

Is this because I am not connected to the internet, it is unable to locate the latest drivers? would it be possible to download the drivers I need from the internet on a different laptop then transfer them over the laptop experiencing wifi connection issues?

The laptop experiencing these issues is an Acer Aspire 5553

alanrwood 11:15 16 Dec 14

Jock1e, His ethernet controller is also not working for the same reason.

Needs to download on a friends machine and install from a USB dongle or as suggested above buy a USB WiFi Dongle.

kylie23 12:24 16 Dec 14

I'm not really sure why you're experiencing such issue. Maybe the built-in wifi adapter of your laptop malfunctioned that's why you can't connect. You can try using usb wifi adapter and see if you can already connect to the internet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…