Laptop keeps freezing when log onto user!

benturner94 19:34 PM 28 Feb 10

Hi, i have a problem with my Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li 2727 which i bought back in september 2008.
Today i opened my laptop and found that the volume system was corrupt, so i clicked repair at the first screen menu and it repaired it for me and restarted the laptop. Then when it started again i went into safe mode and restored the system back to 13th February 2010, this was succesful. Then i restarted the laptop and every time i start it up and click on the user when the screen comes up (give it 30 seconds when programs pop up) it freezes and nothing is active as in i cannot click anything. When this occurs i push the on/off button to turn the laptop off as this is the only way out. And everytime i do this at the startup a scan on "Chkdisk" or something appears where it strongly recomends me to allow the scan and i allow this but still it keeps freezing or leaves a blank black screen with only the mouse.
Could anyone please help, would be much appreciated.
Thanks guys!

chub_tor 19:07 PM 01 Mar 10

It sounds as if your hard drive is on the way out. I would be inclined to try and get back into System Restor when in Safe Mode, undo your last restore, then clone the drive to a new external one and then put the new cloned drive into the laptop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…