Laptop keeps freezing when log onto user!

benturner94 19:34 28 Feb 10

Hi, i have a problem with my Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li 2727 which i bought back in september 2008.
Today i opened my laptop and found that the volume system was corrupt, so i clicked repair at the first screen menu and it repaired it for me and restarted the laptop. Then when it started again i went into safe mode and restored the system back to 13th February 2010, this was succesful. Then i restarted the laptop and every time i start it up and click on the user when the screen comes up (give it 30 seconds when programs pop up) it freezes and nothing is active as in i cannot click anything. When this occurs i push the on/off button to turn the laptop off as this is the only way out. And everytime i do this at the startup a scan on "Chkdisk" or something appears where it strongly recomends me to allow the scan and i allow this but still it keeps freezing or leaves a blank black screen with only the mouse.
Could anyone please help, would be much appreciated.
Thanks guys!

chub_tor 19:07 01 Mar 10

It sounds as if your hard drive is on the way out. I would be inclined to try and get back into System Restor when in Safe Mode, undo your last restore, then clone the drive to a new external one and then put the new cloned drive into the laptop.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P9 review: An impressive Android flagship with a gorgeous design and an innovative dual-lensa…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nils Leonard on how to make stuff people actually want

The 11 worst Apple products of all time: Terrible designs, commercial failures and solutions to…