laptop display on tv

Hi! my laptop is visible on my TV but at about 70% full size. How do I make the display on the TV to full size

Many thanks

mole1944 05:22 AM 02 Dec 12

Have you tried either altering tv settings or laptop screen settings,try the laptop settings first.

rdave13 19:16 PM 02 Dec 12

Not sure if this will work. Right click the desktop and select 'personalise'. Select 'display' (bottom left). Select 'adjust resolution'. Now if you're connected to your TV you should see icons for 1 and/or 2 monitors. Select 2 if your TV. Select advanced settings. Select the monitor tab and untick the box for Hide modes this monitor cannot display. Click ok. Now you should be able to change the resolution for it. It might be that you will have to change the laptop's resolution (1) for the display to show full screen on the TV. Just remember to change the resolution to the native setting when using the laptop, otherwise you'll need to use the mouse pointer to scroll down or up by moving the pointer to the bottom or top of screen.

Thankyou for your contribution, my problem is now solved

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 release date, price, features UK: Free upgrade available July 29 with 10 years of free…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay