keyboard stops working when media is played

gogotox 12:42 16 Jan 15
Answered

Since 2 or 3 days my keyboard is disabled when media is played. It doesn't matter if it is music or video, in a browser oder local media players (even when an advertisement started playing on this website while I was typing this text). As soon as something is playing, ALL keys of the keyboard stop working. After I close the media (close browser tab or media player), the keyboard works normally again.

For a long time I used a simple program called 3RVX that lets me adjust the sound volume with keyboard shortcuts (click here shortcuts of this program are the only thing that still works when playing media. Deinstalling it didn't solve my problem. Since 3RVX seems to be a small private project, I do not expect any support from the developer.

Except for this program, I don't have any clue what could wrong with my PC. I could not find anything on Google for this. Any help would be highly appreciated!

My System: i5-4570 @3.2HGz GTX770 2GB 8GB Ram Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, newest updates installed

The

gogotox 16:59 17 Jan 15
Answer

Ok, solved the problem: I had a USB-Headset plugged into a USB 3.0 port and in some way this caused the ploblem. After plugging it into a USB 2.0 port everything works normally.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…