iTunes

Jon-ny 22:06 26 Mar 07

On iTunes, as some of you my know already from past experience.... changing the file locations for you songs makes iTunes lose them (common sence) and it's very easy to accidentally do this and lose half your library

Anyway, the point of this discussion is that Windows Vista has changed the folders in Explorer, so My Documents is now Documents and My Music is now Music....

Because of this, will all the music saved to: My Music/iTunes/iTunes Music be changed to: Music/iTunes/iTunes Music and there by messing up my whole library of songs and artwork.......

Because I do not have Vista (yet) I was hoping someone that has iTunes can put my mind at rest. Is my music going to be safe or will I be spending weeks altering my library again...

Cheers

Jon

Forum Editor 00:00 27 Mar 07

if you take the upgrade route, but make sure that you back up your iTunes library before you install Vista.

^wave^ 09:01 27 Mar 07

read the warnings about vista and ipod becareful how you disconnect the ipod from a vista machine

Jon-ny 15:23 27 Mar 07

Thanks very much guys, how do I safely remove the iPod from my computer on Vista then?

brianwc 16:57 27 Mar 07

You must make sure you eject the Ipod within ITunes. The eject button is the symbol next to your Ipod's name.

ITunes have released up update for Vista - It will find you misic and library fine.

Jon-ny 18:46 27 Mar 07

Ok thanks! I do that anyway but it's good too be sure...

Thanks guys!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…