Is it possible

kev57 20:21 11 Mar 08

to triple boot, at the moment I have XP and vista 32bit installed but I want to see if vista 64bit is any better but dont want to lose any of my 2 installations, or should I just disconnect the 2 hard drives and then install vista 64 on a third drive on its own.

Peter 01:27 12 Mar 08

You might get more response to your question if you made it clear in the title what you want to know.

You should be able to use Acronis Disk Director Suite 10, with its Multiboot Manager, to do what you want. If you have the necessary leads and space for the third hard drive you should be able to choose XP, Vista 32 bit or Vista 64 bit once it is installed, from the Multiboot Manager menu.

It might be an idea to use Acronis True Image 10 Home to make a full image backup of both XP and Vista 32 bit partitions to an external hard drive before you make any changes, just in case something goes wrong.

Peter.

a member 09:13 12 Mar 08

there is also HyperOS a bit radical if you only want to test the 64 bit alongside other OSs but it will allow you to run several versions of win 2k XP or Vista in 32 or 64BIT versions alongside each other indefinately.

kev57 09:40 12 Mar 08

Peter sorry but I couldn't think of a header, I'm using an 'Asus M2N32-SLi Deluxe WiFi NF590 SLI, S AM2' motherboard so space for hard drives is not a problem (6 sata slots). Will try Acronis at weekend as my friend has a copy, Thanks to both for your response, I will let you know the result if you are interested.

Zeppelyn 19:07 12 Mar 08

Yes its perfectly possible and you dont ned a third party boot loader. Install Vista 64 bit to its own partition and it will add itself to the Windows boot menu. Having your own copy of True Image would be better, it always comes in handy.

Zeppelyn 19:15 12 Mar 08

Yes its perfectly possible and you dont ned a third party boot loader. Install Vista 64 bit to its own partition and it will add itself to the Windows boot menu. Having your own copy of True Image would be better, it always comes in handy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced