iplayer and flash player

tristar 26 Oct 11

I've tried to catch up on a program using iplayer, which has been working fine in the past. Now I'm getting a message to install flash player to watch program. I've downloaded flash player 11 - but iplayer still won't work for me. Have I missed something?

tristar

northumbria61 26 Oct 11

Have a look here enter link description here

tristar 28 Oct 11

Thank you, northumbria61. Tried the suggestions on the site you told me about, but with no luck, I'm afraid. In the end I downgraded to an earlier (working) version of firefox and now I can use flashplayer again.

I appreciate your suggestion, thank you. Regards, tristar.

difarn 11 Nov 11

Hi

Although not helpful to you I am using latest version of firefox with Flash player 11.1.102.55 and Flash Player Active X version 10.3.180.42 and all is ok.(did you download the updated Flash 11 suitable for Firefox?)

Just thinking out loud - are you watching iplayer programmes after you have downloaded them to bbc iplayer desktop? If so, do you have Adobe Air installed.

dave2207 15 Nov 11

Try checking whether you have selected "Active-X FIltering" under the "Tools" menu in IE9. Selecting this will disable all Active-X functions, including Flash.

abbey.james 01 Dec 11

Aimersoft DVD ripper is a good choice. It is Quick dvd ripper software to the right format for your mobile device, desktop application, or internet upload, so you can watch, edit and share your favorite movies anywhere.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message