Internet signal breaking

davy222 27 Oct 11

My internet connection keeps breaking. I have a Virgin Media broadband with a good signal. I have booted up in safe networking mode and it works fine. I have loaded Internet Explorer 9. Also taking a long time to boot normally. I have an Acer TravelMate 5520 which is about 4 years old running Windows Vista. I have run anti-virus software and nothing is found. Could you help?

onthelimit1 28 Oct 11

Try running through Fruit Bat's advice on this thread, and see if it helps.

proudfoot 29 Oct 11

Do you mean you are dropping your internet connection. Try changing wireless channel. Most routers default to channel 6. I had a similar problem with a laptop not connecting although my PC in the same room connected OK. Try channel 11 or 1. Google and install inSSIDer and you can scan for adjacent router channels that may interfere.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

Found Studio reveals the making of the Unleashed, Uncut Peugeot 208 viral

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message