Internet Explorer on Vista, how do I get my old homepage back

laptopdunce 12:31 PM 08 Oct 12

I have IE on my vista laptop and I used to have a fantastic yahoo homepage that I could add those customs icons for various websites, something has happened and it has all been changed (i dont know how this happened!!) but now I have a yahoo homepage with no menu panel at the top, and I cant seem to get the old one back, how can I do this? I have been into tools at the top of the page and looked at internet options and put yahoo as the default homepage but I am only getting the very limited home page with only three icons at the top right, a little house for home, a star for view favourites, feeds etc., and a cog icon for tools, I just want to get my old style home page back where I can add those "custom aps" from the yahoo page, how can I get it all back to how it used to be?? thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

northumbria61 20:14 PM 08 Oct 12

Select View Tab at top - then toolbars - make your selections from there with ticks - your Menu bar will return.

laptopdunce 22:40 PM 08 Oct 12

thanks for that, I managed to get them back!! thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

#AdventSauceJoyMince - generate a gratuitous Christmas tweet for #GivingTuesday charity

New MacBook Air release date, specs and rumours: 11in MacBook Air to be discontinued