Internet Explorer Crashes

Roo247 18:07 27 Feb 10

Hi there, i am having a problem on my boys PC with a fresh install of W7 that when he tries to watch a video on you tube or access a web page with somethung that requires a flash player, the pc crashes , a blue screen comes up for about 2 seconds, just enough for me to read something along the lines of "driver IRQL less or not equal" . I have updated all the drivers and still the same. Any ideas please?

sunnystaines 18:27 27 Feb 10

memory and or driver error

check your drivers and memory

Roo247 18:34 27 Feb 10

thanks sunnystaines, i have 1gb of memory and thats the max for this PC, any particular driver or drivers i should look at, they all seem up to date from the device managaer and have checked each one in turn.

sunnystaines 19:27 27 Feb 10

goto device manager first to see if you have any yellow markers that will tell which driver is suspect.

goto adobe.com use their uninstaller and use it to delete flash player then instal it fresh from same site that will eliminate a corrupted flash player.

check leads to monitor and cards are seated ok in motherboard

as sound and graphics used in playback of youtube delete sound driver then reinstall latest ver, if no joy do the same with the graphics.

run memtest86 a free download to check you memory it can give this error but the circumstances do not look like memory but be safe

Roo247 19:29 27 Feb 10

many thanks, will give that a go and come back to you later, much appreciated, cheers for now.

Roo247 22:05 01 Mar 10

reloaded flash player, so far so good, thanks for all your help.

Technocrate 11:20 02 Mar 10

Try IE without any Add-Ons to see if it works. It might be a bad add-on. Start IE in "Internet Explorer (no add-ons)"/Safe mode. Start menu->Accessories->System Tools->Internet Explorer(No Add-Ons).
For More Information and help related to windows 7 issues click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now