internet explorer can't display web page

fullywired23 21:26 PM 07 Nov 12

I have just installed windows seven on a new H/D but when I try to get to a web site [Any website] it comes up " Windows explorer cannot display this page " even though I have a internet connection and then it says "explore has stopped working " there is nothing wrong with the internet connection because my laptop works fine ,I can't use another browser because I can't get to the website to download it . has anyone any suggestions please

Woolwell 22:05 PM 07 Nov 12

How are you connecting to the router - wired or wireless? Does the connection show as "internet access" in the system tray?

lotvic 23:00 PM 07 Nov 12

Download Firefox and save the .exe then put on usb stick and put it on other pc and install.

fullywired23 14:29 PM 08 Nov 12

Thanks fellas I am connected by wire after posting it did dawn on me to download firefox onto my usb stick using my laptop . thanks for your time and help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The 14 most useless gadgets of all time: nauseating, crappy and downright silly technology, from a…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Google Maps for web gets a Material Design-inspired makeover

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November