internet explorer

edwa1206 11:48 29 Oct 14

I am having difficulty with my internet explorer. I can get through to some sites but others are rejected with massage Diagnose connection problems. There is no problem with with my internet connection. E- mails are okay.etc

How do I uninstall and reinstall I.E. if I need it to connect to Microsoft to obtain new I>E.?

Could you oplease advise.

Thanks

northumbria61 11:04 31 Oct 14

You can uninstall your current version of I.E. and it will then revert to a previous version - see How to go back to a previous version

Before doing this try a resetting your I.E. settings. Open IE - choose Tools from the toolbar - Internet Options - Advanced Tab - Reset Internet Explorer Settings - RESET - Apply - OK

It is always a good idea to have another browser installed on your computer.

Gordon Freeman 11:52 31 Oct 14

It is always a good idea to have another browser installed on your computer.

I'd agree with this as there are some flaws with IE (I use i.e.11).

My alternative is Firefox, and there are occasions when a site will just not work at all with IE11, including 'page cannot be displayed' or 'diagnose connection problems', but it does work with Firefox.

With FF you can also import your Favourites from IE so you don't have the pain of adding them all in again manually.

northumbria61 15:16 31 Oct 14

I have used nothing else but Firefox as my main browser for many years and have had no problems. I gave up on I.E. but it is still a matter of personal choice.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:31 15 Nov 14

Spam from YoniRon

placed in several threads.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…