Internal and external sound problems? Windows Vista.

sh_itsbrown 01:34 16 Aug 14

Hey guys and gals, I'm a newb on here so be nice.

So... two problems.

First. I have an advent 9117 Vista 1gb Ram laptop that sound has been off for ages. Specifically, the realtek high definition audio drivers seem to be a-okay in device manager and everywhere but when playing a sound through the internal speakers or plugging in headphones/speakers it gives the same result, only a left signal which is quiet and very distorted. I've been through a lot of trying to fix this today with no luck on anything. Computer says everything is dandy.

Second. Because of this, I got a USB Multi Channel Audio Device off Amazon made by Digiflex, £10 on Amazon which has been working fine for a long while. Then last night was cool, this morning nothing. Now, I have restored windows to a few days before, updated drivers, uninstalled, blah blah blah, everything I can find online. At first I was getting an error code in Device Manager of Code 10... but now everything is fine in device manager but still no sound from the computer coming out. What is weird is that I can hear sound through it via the line in and the computer recognises it as audio coming in. But when I go to listen to test the sound, it gives me a flash of level but no sound from anything internalwise.

Any thoughts?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:30 16 Aug 14

Laptops are paia where sound is concerned.

Could be something stupid like you have caught the hardware sound buttons and muted it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac