Interactive Services

holburn 16:30 PM 25 Mar 09

Found a tab (?) on the middle of the bottom bar of my computer lablled 'Interactive Services'. Does anyone have any idea what it is. I did google it and there were 66,000,000 results but the first two were just beyond me.

Can anyone explain in the simples of language what it's about?

Sea Urchin 11:40 AM 07 Apr 09

This describes what it is:

click here

People are quite often "troubled" by prompt boxes popping up all the time, and disable the service. However, if you simply have a link sitting on your taskbar it doesn't sound too much of a problem. If however, you wanted to disable it here are the instructions on how to do it:

To disable Interactive Services Dialog Detection messages in Vista, search the word “services” in your Start menu, click on Services when it comes up, and find Interactive Services Detection in the list of services. Right click it, and click Properties. Here, you can either Stop the service, or choose “Disabled” from the Startup Type menu. Either of these things will stop these messages from appearing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know