Intel Matrix Storage Manager on win 7

Audio~~Chip 22:01 02 Jan 10

Hello

I have now finally installed Win7 Pro 64bit on Asus P5QL Pro motherboard with a single SATA, Intel Quad core 9550 CPU.

I am manually downloading all the drivers so to get the latest and have got the Audio, Lan, Chipset, ATI Card Driver all sourced and sorted but there is a driver called the Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager

Can someone please tell me what this last Matrix Storage driver is for. Is it only when using F6 install or do I need to install this as well as the Chipset driver in Win7 ?

Thanks in advance

GaT7 21:50 03 Jan 10

As the size of the the program/driver is ~22Mb, it can only be installed in Windows (btw, the floppy version is much smaller at only 232Kb click here).

More info on it at Intel click here.

You only need install it if you plan to run your hard drives in some sort of RAID configuration. G

Audio~~Chip 22:07 03 Jan 10

I should of closed this post as I found out in the early hours that its a Raid thing or for HDD NCQ advantages but only a minimum increase in performance.

Thanks again for following and finding this post. I will close it now.

I however have another screen issue, the screen goes out then comes back on again. I had this issue with my Old Viewsonic and the screen burnt out about 3 months ago.

Please feel free to mail me off list, I will install all the windows updates, Adobe Flash, Java and get my Kaspersky on next then look at the problem. So will open a new post later or tomorrow.

Thanks again and have a good week if I don't get to talk to you again before.

Cheers!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…