Intel Graphics 82945G and Tomb Raider Legend

cowgirl66 17:13 09 Aug 07

Hi, I have just installed Tomb Raider 'Legend' on my Vista computer, setting it in compatibility mode 'Windows XP SP2' because that is the platform it was intended to be played on. I have checked that my graphics is up to the task of playing it by going to the Intel website and checking their Games page,

click here

where it is listed as playable. But when I installed the game, my computer crashed and all that I could see on the monitor turned 90 degrees.

I am very disappointed as this because although Intel have told me it is compatible it obviously isn't

I would appreciate any help from you if you know why this happens.

Regards cowgirl66

Jimmy14 17:29 09 Aug 07

The link you give is a list of games that are playable on Windows XP as it says at the top of the webpage. In the system requirements section of Tomb Raider Legend it says it is only compatible with Windows XP.

click here

But then I find a webpage that has a multi-pach for Tomb Raider Legend on Vista so I suggest you try this update then run the game again. Below is the link.

click here

brundle 22:09 09 Aug 07

Have you tried this System Requirements checker? click here

(Thanks to Jimmy14 for the pointer)

This site is very handy for such things too; click here

cowgirl66 08:15 10 Aug 07

Hi jimmy. I know it is compatible only with XP,and that is why I thought if I played it in XP compatibility mode, it might work, but obviously not if you're saying that that isn't what compatibility mode is supposed to be used for. Only I remember ages ago when I had XP, I wanted to play a Tomb Raider game, can't remember which one, and it was intended for Windows 98. I played that in compatibility mode and it worked fine. That's why I thought I would try it this time.

cowgirl66 08:21 10 Aug 07

I have tried the 'System Requirements' tool and found the following results. I only have Intel 82945G and need to use GeForce 3Ti/ATI Radeon 9 series. So Intel got it wrong there, perhaps.

Also, my Video RAM is 37.0Mb and I need a minimum of 64Mb.

I realise I will have to up the graphics and to do that I will also have to up the power supply (300 watts) to support it. All a a bit annoying for a new computer but I guess it wasn't ever built for gaming, in spite of the PCI-Express slot.

Thanks for your advice

cowgirl66

gudgulf 09:37 10 Aug 07

I've just changed over from XP to Vista...and I can tell you that Tomb Raider Legend will run in Vista without using compatibility mode.

That's on a Gainward 7800gs+ AGP graphics card.

Make sure the game is patched to the newest version as suggested by Jimmy14 and look for the latest graphics drivers for your onboard graphics.

If you haven't done so use these patches for Vista.....see this thread click here

They do make a difference.

It may well be that your onboard graphics van't cope with the demands of Vista+Legend at all, and no onboard graphics are going to play the game at anything other than low settings.But it's worth trying the patch/driver/Vista updates just in case it works.

cowgirl66 16:32 25 Sep 07

I am now using a pci-e GeForce 7300 LE and Legend is running fine :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos