Integral SD Card readers not working

myanmarboy 16:58 PM 29 Oct 12

I have a Packard Bell desktop running Vista Home premium, four years old and relatively good spec. Problem - the integral sd card readers don't work. Card is good because Windows can see it OK when I connect my tablet to the pc by USB and I can drag and drop from pc to card and vice versa. The card reader slots are on a hinged block that also contains a USB and Fire Wire socket, both work ok. I know I can buy an external reader which connects by USB, but would very much like to use the SD and the Pro Duo slots integral to the pc. Anyone any ideas please? Thanks

mole1944 04:30 AM 30 Oct 12

I had a similar problem with a previous computer,answer is go on amazon and get a new one to replace youe broken on,they're not expensive and easy to fit.

myanmarboy 10:00 AM 01 Nov 12

Thanks but problem is the reader is set in a block with three other card readers, a usb port and a fire wire port. The latter two both work fine so I'll settle for an external reader via usb I think. Cheers anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11