Installed vista home premium but ?

D.G,E 21:29 03 Feb 07

Okay I have upgraded my xp installation to windows vista home premium and it works i have installed a beta driver for my x-fi platimum sound blaster from creative this works and installed a ATI diver 7.1 for vista for my X800XL GPU.

But on the system overview it says my intel 640 3.2 Ghz HT processor is running at 1.6 Ghz weird but my ram is correct runing at 2 gig so do i need to :

Flash my ASV-8 motherboard's bios

Disable the HT hyper threading in the basic input output system which i will try.

Or is there any other soulition and keep in mind i built this system as whole and its 7 months old dispite the AGP SLOT.

ed-0 21:45 03 Feb 07

" my intel 640 3.2 Ghz HT processor is running at 1.6 Ghz weird "

It's probably the H/T just throttling down the cpu. When there is no load ( idle ) they tend to run at 50% of power. Have you put the cpu under load and test it or as you say. Disable H/T in the bios and check the settings.

D.G,E 21:58 03 Feb 07

I have disabled the Hyper threading then i rebooted.

I run the system update score in the performance information and tools and still the system view basic information still reads 1.6 Ghz.

Even the Dxdiag dx diganosis reports that my cpu is running at 1.6 Ghz.

The CPU is runing at the normal clock speed at 200 FSB 3.2 ghz in the bios and i have no programs or start up items eating up my processor i guess its a false reading but in device prop, it states my processor twice as normal because of the HT and clock speed of 3.2 Ghz and runing fine.

ed-0 22:05 03 Feb 07

That sounds alright, then.

You could run cpu-z, a free program from click here haven't used it on vista, but it should be fine. just to double check;-)

D.G,E 22:22 03 Feb 07

Thanks ed-0 - and yes it runs under vista fine and my cpu is detected running at 3.2 Ghz so again it looks like windows vista is not detecting hardware correctly i wonder if microsoft have a patch for this but i have not seen anything on microsoft or updates.

cheers.

sunny staines 18:39 04 Feb 07

dge

I dont think its the cpu i have the intel 630 with hyperthreading and vista beta read it ok.

D.G,E 00:47 06 Feb 07

thats what i thought, maybe my asv-8 abit motherboard needs flashing for vista as it was only designed for xp but all the motherboard drivers run okay and no conflics have happend.

I run vista home premium which is the upgrade not the full install.

And i did uninstall the upgrade from my laptop and installed vista on my desktop now the wierd thing is this only happend when i activated the product Via phone and it reports the same clock speed as my intel celeron m 1.6 Ghz on my laptop ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…