Installed Vista Home - Hard Drive Not "Seen"

RobCharles1981 23:47 02 Sep 08

Ok

Motherboard - Asus Crosshair

I've just installed Vista Home Premium and all updates installed.

I have 4 Sata 2 Hard Drives in my PC.

But for some reason 3 out of the 4 are shown in My Computer (Never had this problem before within XP)

I took a look in Disk Management and I notice that

"Disk 3" is "Dynamic" and "Invalid" If I'm right this is the right disk - This Disk contains my Video Camera Files, Bios sees the drive no problem.

I'm a little stumped at this can anyone help here please???

chub_tor 09:48 03 Sep 08

It appears to be a common problem click here. If you scroll down you will find a free solution posted on 29 Jan 2008 as follows

"So to do this all you need is Hiren's Boot CD and its containing tool Super Fdisk 1.0. When you enter to it, automatically finds the problem, select yes and it solves it. After you reboot and enter Vista, your disk is back with all your data. No convertion, no need for data recovery just with this FREE super tool."

Haven't tried it myself of course. Googling Dynamic invalid disks will throw up quite a few solutions.

RobCharles1981 10:00 03 Sep 08

Do you have a link Where I can download it please??

ventanas 10:37 03 Sep 08

click here

After you've recovered the drive I would transfer the data elswhere and convert it back to basic.

Dynamic discs really belong on servers where their options are of far more use - striped or spanned volumes etc.

ventanas 10:42 03 Sep 08

Sorry for download click here

RobCharles1981 10:46 03 Sep 08

Ventanas

I clicked your link it doesn't give me anything to download!

RobCharles1981 10:48 03 Sep 08

This perhaps??

click here

RobCharles1981 14:08 03 Sep 08

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5