Installation Query

Simmers Dad 03 Apr 09

My PC came with a free upgrade to Vista from XP so when I installed Vista I added a new hard drive and opted for dual-boot. I therefore currently have C drive for XP and L drive for Vista. I never boot to XP these days so my question is will I be able to install Windows 7 as a fresh install on C thus creating a dual boot with Vista. That way I can revert back to Vista for a while if need be while my Windows 7 installation builds. In other words do what I did last time but this time Vista becomes the old drive!

bobbybowls 05 Apr 09

yes when installing 7 you have the option of formatting the drive and doing a clean install or keeping xp and installing to a partition. dual boot works fine, i have xp,vista,7 and ubuntu on 2 partitioned drives.

Zeppelyn 06 Apr 09

Yes it will have to be a clean install as Microsoft are not providing an upgrade path from XP. I assume your referring to the future release version not the current beta.

Simmers Dad 06 Apr 09

Thanks for the replies.

Yes I do mean the release version.

SD

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

See 24 hours in London in 1 minute with Paul Richardson's hyperlapse film

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message