install vista ???

stephen1978 25 Mar 09

how long should it take to install vista home permium onto my laptop ???

Bertie B 25 Mar 09

Well much will depend on the power of your system - processor speed/memory etc.

Vista came pre-installed on my Laptop so can't say anything about that.

I have recently upgraded my old (virtually 6 yrs old now) Desktop PC from XP to Vista Home Basic. The PC is a 2.4 Ghz Pentium 4 with only 1.2 Gb Ram so relatively slow by today's standards. I did a clean installation and I recall that it didn't take very long. I've now set the perfomance settings to "Adjust for best performance" and contary to my fears the PC runs faster on Vista than it did with XP. This of course might be because it's a freshly installed OS - time will tell.

tullie 26 Mar 09

Mine,from memory, was about forty minutes.

gengiscant 29 Mar 09

ditto

FatboySlim71 02 Apr 09

Mine was around 30-40 minutes. An hour set aside should be more than enough.

Da-B-Man 15 Apr 09

Hi there,

I want to reinstall windows vista on my PC.

I have 2 SATA hard drives (both basic disks and say "primary partition" in "computer manager":

1: 750GB Hitachi(c:) - (contains OS)

2: 500GB Samsung (d:) - (contains backup from acronis software)

Question i'd like to ask is:

if i wanted to reinstall vista on the 750GB drive, would by backup on the 2nd samsung drive be safe from vista doing anything to it during installation as i have my backup data on that drive

Da-B-Man 15 Apr 09

^^
opps sorry was suppose to start new thread how do i delete the above?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message