Install advice

donki 18:50 PM 14 Nov 09

Hi guys I have WIN 7 instlled and validated running well, I bought WIN 7. Just want to know say I wanted to reinstall it from scratch using the disk would i be able to or not, basicall can I only install it once? Maybe a stupid question.

Pine Man 18:56 PM 14 Nov 09

Install as often as you like but only one machine at a time. You may have to validate occasionally but that's not a problem.

donki 18:57 PM 14 Nov 09

thank you, I just have it instaled on a normal drive no partition is this ok?

Pine Man 08:31 AM 15 Nov 09

gazzaho 13:16 PM 16 Nov 09

As far as I'm aware Microsoft allow two or three installations a year, after this they may require you to re-activate over the phone, as pine man says you can re-install it as often as you wish as long as it's on the same machine if it's an OEM copy or on one machine at a time if a retail version.

Why not use the built in backup program to make a system image or buy Acronis True Image, you can make a backup of the disk just after it has been installed and it can then be used to reinstall instead of a full re-installation, that way there is no activation issues.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…