Install advice

donki 14 Nov 09

Hi guys I have WIN 7 instlled and validated running well, I bought WIN 7. Just want to know say I wanted to reinstall it from scratch using the disk would i be able to or not, basicall can I only install it once? Maybe a stupid question.

Thanks

Pine Man 14 Nov 09

Install as often as you like but only one machine at a time. You may have to validate occasionally but that's not a problem.

donki 14 Nov 09

thank you, I just have it instaled on a normal drive no partition is this ok?

Pine Man 15 Nov 09

Yup!

gazzaho 16 Nov 09

As far as I'm aware Microsoft allow two or three installations a year, after this they may require you to re-activate over the phone, as pine man says you can re-install it as often as you wish as long as it's on the same machine if it's an OEM copy or on one machine at a time if a retail version.

Why not use the built in backup program to make a system image or buy Acronis True Image, you can make a backup of the disk just after it has been installed and it can then be used to reinstall instead of a full re-installation, that way there is no activation issues.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to set up Apple Music & make sure you don't get charged: Get Apple Music for free

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message