Initialisation failed loading Windows onto new PC

nazarene 00:35 20 Nov 10

Hi, I just bought a new Toshiba laptop. The guy at the store loaded Windows 7. When I got home there were more things to enter such as Username, computer name etc. I set the date and time, username and pc name and shut it off to go to bed. This morning the first thing that showed was a box that said something to the effect 'Inialisation failed....go to events log.' I pushed 'OK'. Now all I have is a blank screen. I don't have a clue as to what 'events log' is, what is does, how to get it up etc. I really need to get the laptop up and running. Please help!! Thank you in advance for any help!! Best Regards - Nazarene

gengiscant 02:36 20 Nov 10

You will be unable t get to the event viewer as you do not seem to have access to the desktop for a start.
I would have thought that the simplest solution would be to take the laptop back and have them reinstall windows, but this time make sure all is working before leaving the supplier.

alan2273 20:08 20 Nov 10

Toshiba laptops come with a recovery partition that sets it back to factory settings.

Turn on the laptop and hit the F8 key repeatedly until the Advanced Boot Option Screen appears.

Click "Repair Your Computer" if you are not already on it and then press ENTER

Choose your country and click OK

On the "System Recovery Options Screen" click "Restore Application" which is the last option.

Follow the on-screen instructions

Click Next"

Click "Yes"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…