infected computer virus

mark3986 01:17 AM 05 Jul 09

i have a virus which has turned off my windows update wots best to get rid of it and clean my computer of anything else thanks

mark3986 01:18 AM 05 Jul 09

oh i have avast and spybot too and spybot has picked nothing up but windows help search says its a virus

User-1229748 12:44 PM 05 Jul 09

download,update and run malwarebytes free and run it in safe modeclick here

User-1229748 12:48 PM 05 Jul 09

usually safe mode is accessed by tapping f8 when you first start your pc.if it goes into windows then you have not tapped it quick enough or it may be a different key.people will need the make of your pc if that is the case.

beynac 14:24 PM 05 Jul 09

It's best to run Malwarebytes in normal mode. Only run it in safe mode if it won't run normally.

rdave13 16:11 PM 05 Jul 09

Try a scheduled boot-time scan with Avast. Start Avast and once the memory check has run right click anywhere on the skin. Click on scheduled scan. It will ask to reboot, click ok and Avast will scan your PC before windows loads. Keep an eye on the scan as whatever it finds needs your input to quarantine whatever it finds.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites