Importing Address book from outlook express under XP to MS outlook 2003 in windows 7

MuDelta 09:00 AM 20 Nov 12
Answered

Having successfully moved my address book (.WAB format) to w7 and converted it to .CSV format I can get as far as “Select the Contacts folder that you want to import to” as in the website http://www.msoutlook.info/question/382 but when I click “next” the box is blank where a Contacts folder should be.
In outlook 2003 I have some contacts which I added manually to address book so there should be an address book of some sort. What am I doing wrong?

difarn 10:12 AM 20 Nov 12
Answer

There is another way to transfer all of your Outlook files - this article explains.

MuDelta 16:02 PM 24 Nov 12

Thanks difarn

That did it but only after a lot of angst - the site knew what it was talking about but didn't express itself clearly. In the end I used the Vcard method and because it was a bit tedious it had the advantage of making me think whether I really an address before I imported it; it was surprising how many I realised I would never use again!!

Thanks again.

D

difarn 18:23 PM 24 Nov 12

Glad it worked out.

MuDelta 18:59 PM 01 Dec 12

Woolwell

It's a matter of honour! The bleeding thing ought to work and anyhow I like ZB.

D

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nvidia GRID 2.0 launch boosts virtualised graphics workflows

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites