Importing Address book from outlook express under XP to MS outlook 2003 in windows 7

MuDelta 20 Nov 12
Answered

Having successfully moved my address book (.WAB format) to w7 and converted it to .CSV format I can get as far as “Select the Contacts folder that you want to import to” as in the website http://www.msoutlook.info/question/382 but when I click “next” the box is blank where a Contacts folder should be.
In outlook 2003 I have some contacts which I added manually to address book so there should be an address book of some sort. What am I doing wrong?

difarn 20 Nov 12
Answer

There is another way to transfer all of your Outlook files - this article explains.

MuDelta 24 Nov 12

Thanks difarn

That did it but only after a lot of angst - the site knew what it was talking about but didn't express itself clearly. In the end I used the Vcard method and because it was a bit tedious it had the advantage of making me think whether I really an address before I imported it; it was surprising how many I realised I would never use again!!

Thanks again.

D

difarn 24 Nov 12

Glad it worked out.

MuDelta 01 Dec 12

Woolwell

It's a matter of honour! The bleeding thing ought to work and anyhow I like ZB.

D

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

See 24 hours in London with Paul Richardson's hyperlapse tour

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message