IE9 New Tab Page problem

haven16f 20:43 PM 11 Apr 12

For some reason I keep getting a blank page when I open a new tab. I went into Internet options and set it to new tab page and clicked ok on both buttons and this opened the new tab page but when I logged out and back in again the setting had reverted back to blank page.

I tried resetting numerous times with the same results and even reset to default which is the new tab page but again it reverts to blank page after you log off and log back in.

Am I doing something wrong or is this an IE9 common problem?

Regards Bob

northumbria61 23:18 PM 11 Apr 12

As far as I am aware it is a IE 32bit problem and I don't know if there is a fix for it. If you were using Firefox and had the same problem there is an add-on Tab to Window 1.2.9

haven16f 10:04 AM 12 Apr 12

Thanks for the info. Beginning to think IE9 is not a good idea, will wait and see

difarn 13:50 PM 12 Apr 12

It could possibly be an add-on that is causing the problem. Try ..

In Internet Explorer, click Tools and click Manage add-ons.

Disable the Google add-ons and keep the needed items on.

Disable add-ons one by one and test to see if the situation resolves itself -if you find the culprit double click the item and select Remove.

Restart Internet Explorer and check the issue again.

If you cannot resolve the problem you could go into

control panel

unistall programs

view installed updates

click on internet explorer 9, delete,

restart computer,

your IE will automatically roll back to the previously installed version.

haven16f 17:21 PM 12 Apr 12

Hi difarn Spot on. Viewed installed updates and found IE9 (CANT REMEMBER DOWNLOADING THAT ) uninstalled and now have IE8.I have new tab page appearing as setting and everything working as normal. Many Thanks ------ I.O.U.

difarn 18:19 PM 12 Apr 12

Glad to help - these updates just creep up on you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Steve Albini's notorious email is now a punchy music video

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…