ie7 not displaying pages but FF is - any thoughts?

QinesiQ 00:06 01 Apr 07

Running vista HP with ie7 pre-installed. Everything working fine until I wanted to place an order online and I could not get the login screen to download (Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage). I have searched this forum and tried most suggestions re this issue but nothing works. I downloaded FF and the required page displays just fine – I placed order etc.
I would like to fix the issue with ie7. But so far none of the solutions work – odd that FF has no issue but ie7 does – maybe someone knows what’s causing this?
Btw I’ve disabled add-ons and logically (to me anyway) there should be no connection issues or firewall blocking issues as the problem does not occur with FF.

anskyber 10:00 01 Apr 07

It could be your security settings are too high for things like cookie control. In internet options and privacy set the level to default which is usually medium.

QinesiQ 12:18 01 Apr 07

Thank you for your response. I checked the settings and they are at medium. I have not altered any of the settings but just in case I performed a reset to the default settings.

I was wondering if there was an ie7 repair method as with ie6. I have the (upgrade offer) Vista OS disk - if its relatively painless I will give it a go. Have been to ms website and not found anything relating to this -yet but I’ll try again.

No real hardship to use FF though - but I didn't want to get used to it again - I rather like it too much - only reason I use ie is that it syncs with my pda – FF (and TB) does not do this –yet :-(.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…