ie7 keeps restarting

jarvis10@btinternet.com 18:47 14 Jul 07

hi, clean install of vista home prem, i used to have this problem when i had vista installed previously. the screen goes white, get a message saying ie7 is restarting, reopens a second later in a smaller window with my home page.
in problems it says 'internet explorer stopped working report sent' same problem on a previous pc with norton, now i have it on another pc running kaspersky 6, the pc now has amd 6000 x2 4 gb ram, anyone else have this problem, i still have the missing letters problem too, i wondered if they may be related.
many thanks adam

anskyber 19:57 14 Jul 07

I've just checked my problem history. IE7 closed and reopened in the way you describe on average once a month.

jarvis10@btinternet.com 20:26 14 Jul 07

hi, thanks for the reply. when i had it on another pc it happened about once a day. i hadnt had a problem with it since the reinstall, untill yesterday and then again today twice. have changed cpu ram and stuck a sound card in, so i wondered if it was this or maybe the last updates.
i have had problems with vista in the past (it's currently on a test pc) so i am very careful with messing with it i am only using vista drivers, no reg cleaner or ccleaner am just using the tools on ie7 to clear cookies and temp files etc, apart from that there is only world of warcraft installed.
i will see how it goes, pc used for ie7 and 1 game neither run well atm
thanks for the reply.

jarvis10@btinternet.com 22:23 14 Jul 07

seems its a known bug, along with the typing thing. was given this which may help others
click here

anskyber 23:02 14 Jul 07

Thanks. I cannot find the bits in your link, can you help further by explaining where it is or copy and paste to here. Thanks.

jarvis10@btinternet.com 23:34 14 Jul 07

hi dont think i better paste another forums on here, but check ie is allowed in defender (yeah i know!) and also in cookies. and was told to disable phishing bar, but the theme seemed to be one of those things. google 'internet explorer restart vista' that will bring it up.

jarvis10@btinternet.com 23:41 14 Jul 07

example i found
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced