IE10 problems on Windows 8

InTechBarb 11:51 AM 28 Mar 13

I just purchased a new PC and when I close the browser I get this message: Internet Explorer has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. And there is a Close Program button at the bottom of the box. I can't get into my Credit Union's web site with IE, so I downloaded Google Chrome - I can get in with Google Chrome with no problem. I want to uninstall IE10 and reinstall, but I don't see it listed in the Control Panel's list of applications. What am I doing wrong or what am I overlooking?

Woolwell 16:13 PM 28 Mar 13

IE 10 is part of Windows features and listed under that. You can untick and not use it. I'm not sure how to re-install.

However your problem with your credit union may be due to compatibility. Put IE into compatibility mode and see if it works.

steviekm 17:16 PM 28 Mar 13

hi, had a similar problem with IE10 where it would do exactly the same without warning. This went on for a couple of months or so-but since i changed my antivirus/security to Norton (360 in my case and internet security on my wife's pc) this hasn't happened once.

steviekm 17:20 PM 28 Mar 13

for some reason the above posted before i finished--- I was going to say that either this was sorted out by the recent updates,a coincidence or maybe an issue with your current security software; all I know is that in the past 2 months since switching to norton mine has been spot on good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11