ie 7, which update

conrail 20:56 PM 06 Apr 09

just noticed my new pc with vista home premium 64 bit 250Gb HD 4Gb RAM has ie7, looking to update, ie8 is recomended but I also notice that ie9 fix is available but not ie9, is ie 9 available or do I download ie 8, click here thanks

FatboySlim71 23:37 PM 06 Apr 09

Regarding IE8:

I tried it, but the problems I found were that parts of IE Pro wouldn't work properly with it.

Certain sites took ages to load (You could get round this by using compatibility mode) but I found it a bit of a hassle and to be honest the new features such has web slice doesn't appear to work on Ebay like the demonstration showed it to on Microsoft's site.

Overall I found it a big fuss about something that is very similar to IE7. I might update to IE8 when the new features on IE8 are working on more web sites and also when other add ons are fully compatibly. My advice is to wait until the little bugs etc are ironed out. I got the impression that IE8 was still in Beta?

Overall I find IE7 a lot better that IE8. Its easy enough to go back to IE7 if you find you don't like IE8. You simply uninstall IE8, you then have back IE7, that's exactly what I did.

conrail 16:30 PM 07 Apr 09

many thanks FatboySlim71, I'll just leave weel alone for the time being

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch EA Gamescom 2015 Press Conference live: EA Gamescom live stream - watch EA talk Star…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Play the retro 8-bit dating naked adventure game by The Uprising Creative

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…