ICQ Script Error pops up after registry clean

cowgirl66 09:21 03 Jun 08

Hi folks,

I like to use the ICQ Games and do so most days. But having run a registry clean, a script error occurs when I try the Games again. My only option is to reinstall ICQ and start over.
I have two different registry cleaner software now, the present one being Glary Utilities which has had such a good review.
What am I doing wrong, and what should I not delete when running a registry clean?

Regards cowgirl66

cowgirl66 09:26 03 Jun 08

I have just found out that someone can invite ME to a game and I get no script error. It only happens when I do the inviting.

sunny staines 12:45 03 Jun 08

i gave up on glary. when it first came out it was good but later updates have made it too aggressive causing minor problems which needed reinstalls to fix.

cowgirl66 15:32 03 Jun 08

Hi sunny staines,

The same problem occured with Vista Manager, another clean-up tool including one for the registry. Maybe you can tell me which one you use now??? ;-)

Regards, cowgirl66

User-1229748 16:00 03 Jun 08

i use ccleaner with vista.

sunny staines 16:05 03 Jun 08

I use ccleaner and eusing both free.

cowgirl66 20:37 03 Jun 08

Hi, I will try both of these - ccleaner and eusing - and see what gives.

Thanks again both for your help and advice.

cowgirl66

Rob_08 20:52 03 Jun 08

Anoyone who uses registry destroyers are asking for trouble. Use Acronis instead make incremental backups and never worry about whether you just deleted a needed registry key, which these scammy tools will all do eventually. cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…