icons and notifications on taskbar

mart7 15:32 PM 13 Apr 13
Answered

When i click show hidden icons on the taskbar and customise im presented with a lot of icons to select which icons and notifications are to appear on the taskbar Some i would just like to take off the list,magic iso,magic disk exe,windows device virtual iso installation etc

How do i remove these from the list? None of these programs are still on my pc, I know i can hide icons and notifications but id like to remove them from the ever growing list

Thanks

Chronos the 2nd 15:40 PM 13 Apr 13

Have a look here.

Open Windows Explorer, choose “Tools->Folder options…”, click on the View tab, select the “Show hidden files, folders, and drives” option and click on OK. Next, use Windows Explorer to navigate to the store for pinned items (replace USERNAME with your own Windows 7 account):

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar

That folder has shortcuts to all the programs you have pinned to the taskbar. In my example, I located and deleted the Safari shortcut and its ghost icon immediately disappeared from the taskbar.

rdave13 18:05 PM 13 Apr 13
Answer
  mart7 12:56 PM 17 Apr 13

Chronos the 2nd

thanks but i got lost at the point of navigating for the pinned items

Rdave 13

cheers that worked You would think there would be a simpler solution

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…