I want my money back for VISTA!!!

Grez79 20:48 13 Feb 08

I have had the 64bit Home premium edition for 3 weeks now and i have had nothing but hassle.

1) Refuses to let me delete items...

2) Hides configuration files in obscure places and fails to locate them when i search for them

3) Refuses permission to edit/delete/modify objects...

4) Very difficult to personalise or move folders in the main personal folder...

5) Poor support for using folders on two different hard drives...

I want to move back to XP...but i fear i will end up like the "die-hard" windows 98 fans...refusing to move on and evolve...

Basically i am stuck between a rock and a hard place...

Until Vista sorts its act out...i want my money back for it...

anskyber 22:39 13 Feb 08

Files. click here

ventanas 22:43 13 Feb 08

Give it a chance, get hold of a good text book and learn how it works. There is no way I would ever consider going back to XP after using Vista for many months. It really is that good.

lisa02 23:12 13 Feb 08

That's been done before. I think it was Dell that allowed the OS to be returned cos the customer never wanted it after a bit of fuss though. At the time was XP and the customer was a linux user.

It's do-able.

crosstrainer 08:02 14 Feb 08

But unwise....Your problems may stem from the fact that you elected to buy the 64 bit version of Vista. This is still rife with incompatibility issues, and you would (with hindsight) have been better off with the 32 bit version, in which most of these problems have been resolved. Many hardware companies are not writing 64 bit code for products as the uptake on the 64 bit version has (and was never intended) been limited. It was only ever intended for very high end users.

I have a handful of clients who use it, and the issues persist.

cream. 11:01 14 Feb 08

Doesn't the 64bit version give you the option to run it as a 32bit O\S, but only when you install it. Grez79 if you have the full disk it may be worth checking up on that.

As crosstrainer says the 64 bit is rife with problems and the only good thing it gives is the option to break the 4Gb barrier for physical memory.

BillxR 13:58 14 Feb 08

Hi guys, with regard to the discussion on Vista 64kb, I am in the process of buying a new "Gaming" PC and every one is advising 64Kb.
Would you agree ???? My enjoyment and money are in your hands!!

crosstrainer 15:28 14 Feb 08

If it's a retail copy, yes but not an oem version.

crosstrainer 15:28 14 Feb 08

For all the reasons stated before, go for the 32 bit version. :)

anskyber 15:51 14 Feb 08

I agree with crosstrainer.

BillxR 16:13 14 Feb 08

Thanks fella's. Xtrainer..."Retail" / "OEM" ? Can you explain the difference ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…