I keep losing my HP Photo Smart C5180 Printer

cast88 19:21 16 Jan 09

I have a HP Photo smart C5180 All In One printer,it is connected through a Netgear wirless router WNR834B and my os is vista Premium once i have done all the installing of my printer every thing seams fine i am able to print from internet and from microsort office but once i shut down my pc then switch on again the printer isnt there if i have typed a letter then go to print there is no printer so i then uninstall the printer and then reinstall then every thing is fine again till you guest!!! i switch the computer of again any ideas please !!!!

anskyber 22:28 16 Jan 09

Can I be clear? You are using Vista not Windows 7?

Forum Editor 22:49 16 Jan 09

I'll move it to the Vista forum now.

cast88 12:28 17 Jan 09

yes i am running vista i am new to these forums so it looks like i have posted it on the wrong forum sorry

anskyber 12:46 17 Jan 09

Ah.

There is a record of this happenning with HP all in ones.

For some, installing the critical patch found under update click here
does the job.

cast88 10:16 18 Jan 09

Thank you so much i down loaded the critical patch and my printer is still there i have had this problem since June of last year i have lost count how many times i have had to reinstall it even HP them selves were not very helpfull thank goodness i found this forum Thanks again

missym 09:15 20 Jan 09

Hi all, I Kept losing my HP Photosmart C5180 also and I lost count of how many times I re-installed it! Despite emails to HP and even a 20 minute phonecall to tech support gave me no joy, Then I found you! I too downloaded the patch and yippee my printer is working fine. Now why did tech support not point me to this solution in the first place? never mind, thanks to you kind persons I am now happy with my printer, Thanks Diane,

martyland 19:42 21 Feb 09

Will this PATCH do any good for me and my C5180? I have trouble scanning and printing, off and on problems that is. I was led to believe that I might need to buy a new scanner compatible with Vista (HPG4050)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…