I have lost Windows Base Filtering Engine

xania 12 Apr 12
Answered

Having received a report from Norton error 5013,3, I have now identified that I have lost Windows Base Filtering Engine from my Windows 7 Home X64 system. Can anyone tell me how I can get this back.

With previous versions of Windows, you could simply re-install Windows over the top but my install DVD telle me that it is not compatible with what I now have (probably due to all the various updates etc. Is there not a download which could simply restore the lost feature?

difarn 12 Apr 12

Have a look at this article from Norton explaining the steps you should take.

xania 13 Apr 12

Thanks difarn, but I have already got this far. My problem is that Base Filtering Engine is not in my list of services - somehow it got deleted - and my query is to get it back.

xania 13 Apr 12
Answer
  difarn 13 Apr 12

Glad it's sorted - good piece of advice.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: When is the OnePlus 2 coming out? July…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message