I forgot my Windows 8 admin password, how to reset

duddz23 08:15 24 Jun 16
Answered

I have a old laptop with a screen password protected, but I can't recall the password and I can't access to it.I just have no clue as to what the password is for both the Microsoft account and the Gmail account it is associated with.

Recalling the password is most likely impossible so I would like to know if there is a way to reset or remove my forgotten windows 8 password?

Thank You

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:51 24 Jun 16

click here download and make either a bootable CD or USB.

Or if there is nothing worth saving on the machine reset it to factory condition

duddz23 02:53 25 Jun 16

Hello, Fruit Bat. thanks for your reply, but I tried ophcrack, but it keeps saying "the table not found". any help?

Secret-Squirrel 09:04 25 Jun 16

I just have no clue as to what the password is for both the Microsoft account............ I tried ophcrack, but it keeps saying "the table not found".

As far as I know, Ophcrack only works for local machine passwords so it's unlikely to help even if it could load the Rainbow Tables.

..........so I would like to know if there is a way to reset or remove my forgotten windows 8 password?

Yes there is. You can reset your Microsoft password online from a different computer. Here's the link and hopefully you'll have previously setup recovery information so that you can get a password reset code sent to you. If you do succeed with that then make sure your laptop is connected to the Internet when you try to login with the new password.

duddz23 08:08 27 Jun 16

Yes there is. You can reset your Microsoft password online from a different computer. Here's the link and hopefully you'll have previously setup recovery information so that you can get a password reset code sent to you. If you do succeed with that then make sure your laptop is connected to the Internet when you try to login with the new password.

I tried this method but I have no any clue about my password, so, this method doesn't work with me.

forget9sky 09:03 27 Jun 16

First, you need to let us know what is kind of password is. If it was a MS account, then you can reset the password with MS password reset service. For domain account, you can ask the network administrator to reset the password. For local account, you can use iSeePassword Windows Password Recovery with password reset disk. There is no data loss by using this method. it is highly recommended. Here is a nice guide on how to do this: 1">[click here

forget9sky 09:05 27 Jun 16

OPS, the link is wrong, please refer to this: click here

Secret-Squirrel 09:19 27 Jun 16
Answer

.....but I have no any clue about my password........

You've already said that. Surely you can remember the email address for your Microsoft account so all you need to do is to click on my link then select I forgot my password. It couldn't be simpler.

duddz23 09:54 27 Jun 16

OPS, the link is wrong, please refer to this: click here

thanks, but how can I create a USB flash reset disk? I do have a USB drive with 4GB storage.

lotvic 21:48 27 Jun 16

This is highly likely to be a Q & A spam Thread. (both are 1st time posters)

forget9sky is deff posting SPAM to advertise software you have to buy. In addition the aforesaid software will not recover the Microsoft account Windows ID password or the Gmail password.

And as the TS doesn't know the email addresses either so is unable to 'reset password' online from another pc.... hmmm

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5